Black Friday can be the best and worst shopping day of the year. Sure, you can get some of the best deals on gifts for your family and yourself (happy holidays! To: you, From: you). But there’s also the waiting outside at the break of dawn, the rush of crazed shoppers ready to trample you, and the crabby cashiers who really need a break. The day after Thanksgiving has been one of the biggest shopping days of the year for longer than you may think. The phrase Black Friday originated in the 1950s to describe the heavy traffic on the day after Thanksgiving. In the 1960s it came to describe the shopping rush. This year we suggest hitting up the best health and wellness deals from the comfort of your own home. Many online retailers are offering Black Friday deals, and a few of our hand-picked deals below are also available in stores if you do brave the mall.
- Yoga queen? Head over to ESYM and get a free full-size (!!!) Tenkawa Passage Yoga Mat Spray if you spend $100 or more from now until December 3. Save $18, and your yoga mat will be sparkling clean and smelling great with just a few spritzes.
- Getting moving more often is a recurring theme in our New Year’s resolutions. Get started early and motivate yourself with the iFITNESS Activity Tracker, $29.99 (originally $65) at JCPenney.
- A S’well water bottle, tumbler, or traveler would make the perfect gift for anyone on your list. Get 25% off your entire purchase on Black Friday. If you want to really make it a special and personalized gift, choose from these bottles and add a personalization for $10.
- Stay nice and secure with a new sports bra. The Ideology Strappy Back Medium Impact Sports Bra is $19.99 (originally $39.50) at Macy’s.
- Need a cozy pair of leggings for your early morning winter routine? Grab the 32 Degrees Cozy Heat Leggings for $9.99 (originally $20) at Macy’s.
- If your winter fitness goals are taking you outside, you’ll need some extra-warm clothes! We suggest getting the Under Armour Ladies ColdGear Armour Leggings and Fitted Mock Neck Shirt for $49.99 each at Bass Pro Shops.
- Knock around in a new pair of kicks. The Women’s Under Armour Micro G Speed Swift 2 Running Shoes are only $56.24 (originally $74.99) at Kohl’s.
Home Decor & Accessories
- Looking for great home decor and gift items? Check out Lulu and Georgia and take 25% off all products with the code GOGOGO. You’ll find things like this cozy throw blanket, funny doormats, and many more fun, unique, and beautiful gifts (you might even find a few things you need for yourself).
- Shopping for new parents or parents-to-be? Find the perfect gifts for them at Project Nursery and get 20% off sitewide with code BLACKFRIDAYBABY. Whether you’re fulfilling their wish for one of the big-ticket items like this classic Flora 4-in-1 convertible crib or you’re just looking for something super cute, fun, or personalized, Project Nursery has got you covered.
- Skip the sketchy protein powders, and this Black Friday through Cyber Monday, take 30% off all products at DOPE Naturally. The ingredients are whole foods that you’ll actually be able to pronounce.
- Tea fiend? Order up a fresh brew that can help you do everything from detox to get your glow back. Get 30% off orders over $50 from Edible Beauty Australia using the code BLACKBEAUTY.
- Never neglect your teeth. Get a free toothbrush with every order of hello oral care vegan toothpaste. They even have sensitive teeth versions!
- Beauty Bakerie is an awesome independent makeup company. You can take 30% off all Beauty Bakerie products from Black Friday through Cyber Monday. Pick up a Lip Whip or three and you’ll never look back. They’re incredibly long wearing.
- New set of animal-free brushes needed? Take 30% off of ILIA makeup brushes November 23 through Cyber Monday. Their Taklon bristles are super soft and great for blending.
- Take 35% off all butter LONDON cosmetic products on Black Friday with code FRIDAY17, because we know your holiday manicure and makeup need to be on point.
- For skincare fans itching to try out some trendy Korean skincare, head over to the Soko Glam site. You can get 30% off the whole Soko Glam site with code SOKO17 on Black Friday. Plus, there’s a free gift with purchases of $75 and up.
Brands That Give Back
- To support artisans and get ethically sourced jewelry, try 31 Bits. This Black Friday get a free fall bracelet set if you order before noon PST on Nov. 24, 2017. Plus, November 23 through 26 take 25% off your entire jewelry purchase under $100 with code FRIDAY25, take 30% off your entire jewelry purchase of $100 or more with code FRIDAY30, and for every home goods item or bag you buy, they will send you a coupon for $10 off your next purchase. We’re digging the Dipped Ribbon necklace and the gorgeous Wanderer Backpack.
- More into ethical fashion? Go for Helpsy. You can use code BlackCyberMondayFriday for 10% off any product over $10 in store now through Black Friday. We’d grab these cozy white joggers in a heartbeat.
This Black Friday, chill out on the homefront. Take the time to fully digest your feast from the day before and maybe get in some gentle stretching in between online orders.